Egypt: Market cap down in 2010
The market capitalization of the shares listed in the Egyptian Stock Exchange declined by 2.3% or 11.4 billion pounds in 2010. All in all, the market cap value amounted to 488.209 billion pounds compared to 499.614 pounds at the end of 2009.
However, the key indexes of market increased during last year. The "EGX30" index gained of 15.03% to close at 7142 points, while on the "EGX70" index posted a rise of 12.23% to close at 722 points. The "EGX100" index finished the year higher by 10.09% to close at 1166 points.
The total value of stocks traded during the year amounted to 321.4 billion pounds, while 33 429 million stocks changed hands.
Orascom Telecom Holding's share is ranked first in terms of volume traded with 1.419 million shares.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue