Egypt: Market cap down in 2010
The market capitalization of the shares listed in the Egyptian Stock Exchange declined by 2.3% or 11.4 billion pounds in 2010. All in all, the market cap value amounted to 488.209 billion pounds compared to 499.614 pounds at the end of 2009.
However, the key indexes of market increased during last year. The "EGX30" index gained of 15.03% to close at 7142 points, while on the "EGX70" index posted a rise of 12.23% to close at 722 points. The "EGX100" index finished the year higher by 10.09% to close at 1166 points.
The total value of stocks traded during the year amounted to 321.4 billion pounds, while 33 429 million stocks changed hands.
Orascom Telecom Holding's share is ranked first in terms of volume traded with 1.419 million shares.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts