Egypt: Market cap down in 2010
The market capitalization of the shares listed in the Egyptian Stock Exchange declined by 2.3% or 11.4 billion pounds in 2010. All in all, the market cap value amounted to 488.209 billion pounds compared to 499.614 pounds at the end of 2009.
However, the key indexes of market increased during last year. The "EGX30" index gained of 15.03% to close at 7142 points, while on the "EGX70" index posted a rise of 12.23% to close at 722 points. The "EGX100" index finished the year higher by 10.09% to close at 1166 points.
The total value of stocks traded during the year amounted to 321.4 billion pounds, while 33 429 million stocks changed hands.
Orascom Telecom Holding's share is ranked first in terms of volume traded with 1.419 million shares.
- In wake of failed coup, Turkey shuts down all Gulen-linked businesses
- Saudis, Jordanians top the list of Arab property buyers in Dubai
- Mandatory health insurance required for Dubai residents
- World Bank offers Jordan $1.4B over six years for Syria response
- Swiss Leaks revisited: Strong Egyptian presence in banking scandal