Egypt: No room for Israel to negotiate and build
Egypt is backing the Palestinians' refusal to negotiate with Israel as long as it continue building activities in West Bank settlements. Washington's Mideast envoy met Sunday with President Hosni Mubarak to discuss the deadlock ahead of an Arab League meeting later this week at which the Palestinians are expected to deliver a final decision on the fate of the talks.
According to the AP, Egypt's foreign minister said Sunday the "current conditions are not favorable" for talks to continue.
- Mubarak says just Arafat can negotiate with Israel while Sharon prefers now to isolate PA leader rather than deport him
- Egypt invites Israel and Palestinian authorities to Cairo for peace talks
- American in Arabia counts the 'likes': How many followers does Morsi really have?
- Palestine plans to develop natural gas off Gazan coast
- Mideast peace talks failure spurs Arab League into action