Egypt: No room for Israel to negotiate and build
Egypt is backing the Palestinians' refusal to negotiate with Israel as long as it continue building activities in West Bank settlements. Washington's Mideast envoy met Sunday with President Hosni Mubarak to discuss the deadlock ahead of an Arab League meeting later this week at which the Palestinians are expected to deliver a final decision on the fate of the talks.
According to the AP, Egypt's foreign minister said Sunday the "current conditions are not favorable" for talks to continue.
- Mitchell: Palestinians want talks to continue
- Mubarak blames Israel for peace deadlock
- Peres asks Mubarak help to revive Mideast peace efforts; Mubarak: Palestinians can continue attack for another 15 years
- Mubarak meets Israeli Foreign Minister in Switzerland for talks on ''Road Map''
- Netanyahu holds ”constructive” talks in Egypt