EgyptAir suspends flights
EgyptAir announced the suspension of flights from Cairo for 12 hours. This announcement by Egypt's national airline came after the decision to impose a curfew from 6:00 pm until 7:00 am local time in response to the outbreak of large-scale demonstrations and riots across the country.
The company said that its flights from overseas will be able to land, but the departures will be abolished with effect from 9:00 pm.
Separately, an official at Cairo International Airport conveyed a number of international airlines canceled flights to the Egyptian capital.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?