EgyptAir suspends flights
EgyptAir announced the suspension of flights from Cairo for 12 hours. This announcement by Egypt's national airline came after the decision to impose a curfew from 6:00 pm until 7:00 am local time in response to the outbreak of large-scale demonstrations and riots across the country.
The company said that its flights from overseas will be able to land, but the departures will be abolished with effect from 9:00 pm.
Separately, an official at Cairo International Airport conveyed a number of international airlines canceled flights to the Egyptian capital.
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis