Egyptian and Arab Businessmen flee Cairo
Aviation sources said that 19 private planes have departed Hall 4 at Cairo Airport carrying with them dozens of families of leading Arab and Egyptian businessmen. The sources said that most of the aircraft flew to Dubai, including the family of businessman Hussein Salem who is close to Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. Egyptian tycoon Naguib Sawiris also left the country.
The sources pointed out that Egypt Air flights failed to meet schedules.
The sources in Hall 4 at Cairo International Airport had denied earlier in the day, the rumors about the departure of infamous businessman Ahmed Ezz. It was reported he fled to Cyprus. The Egyptian state television announced earlier Saturday that the ruling NDP party accepted the resignation of Ahmed Ezz, the Secretary of the Party.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts