Egyptian and Arab Businessmen flee Cairo
Aviation sources said that 19 private planes have departed Hall 4 at Cairo Airport carrying with them dozens of families of leading Arab and Egyptian businessmen. The sources said that most of the aircraft flew to Dubai, including the family of businessman Hussein Salem who is close to Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak. Egyptian tycoon Naguib Sawiris also left the country.
The sources pointed out that Egypt Air flights failed to meet schedules.
The sources in Hall 4 at Cairo International Airport had denied earlier in the day, the rumors about the departure of infamous businessman Ahmed Ezz. It was reported he fled to Cyprus. The Egyptian state television announced earlier Saturday that the ruling NDP party accepted the resignation of Ahmed Ezz, the Secretary of the Party.
- Tunisia 2020 investment conference: 145 mega projects on offer
- Coca-Cola inaugurates $20M bottling plant in Gaza
- GCC tax on expats' income and remittances would be highly regressive: IMF
- 'The worst is over for Qatar's trade balance': BMI Research
- Sotheby's to open Dubai office as MENA falls for the lure of the auction