Egyptian army sent to streets as riots escalate
Egyptian military vehicles were seen patrolling the streets of Cairo Friday night following the continued clashes between Egyptian police and protesters who demand the toppling of President Mubarak's regime.
In addition, the Egyptian authorities imposed an house arrest Friday evening on Mohamed ElBaradei, after taking part in a mass rally, held in the Egyptian capital earlier in the day.
The death toll from clashes between police and demonstrators in different parts of Egypt amounted to three on Friday, according to the latest reports.
- ElBaradei ready to lead Egypt transition
- North Sinai: At least 10 dead in clashes between Egyptian police and protesters
- Egyptians seek deliverance as death reported in Friday protests
- Morsi detained for 15 days in prison for 'inciting violence' against protesters
- Egypt: Clashes continue in Downtown Cairo