Egypt's Orascom Construction Industries wins Abu Dhabi project
Egypt's Orascom Construction Industries (OCI) announced today that it had signed construction contracts with the Tecnimont SpA/Samsung Engineering Company Ltd. joint venture to execute piling, civil works and buildings valued at US$ 146 million.
The joint venture is the EPC contractor for the Abu Dhabi Polymers Company Ltd. (Borouge) – a 60/40 joint venture between the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) and Austria-based Borealis. The construction works are for the Borouge 3 Polyolefin Units and Utilities & off-site facilities in Ruwais, Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. OCI will execute all piling works for the project as well as civil and building works related to Borouge’s Polyolefin Units. Bechtel Corporation is the Project Management Consultant (PMC).
Orascom Construction Industries Chief Executive Officer, Nassef Sawiris commented, “this is an important milestone in our strategic relationship with Tecnimont SpA and we are looking forward to further cooperation in other sectors. We are also pleased to start a new relationship with Samsung Engineering Company Ltd. This award affirms the Group’s goal of expanding its international operations and its continued strategy to pursue projects in Abu Dhabi.”
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue