First Iranian nuclear plant working
Iran announced Saturday that its first atomic power plant built by Russia in Bushehr has started operations. "Without any propaganda and fuss we sealed the cover of the reactor and all the fuel rods are in the core of the reactor," nuclear chief Ali Akbar Salehi was quoted as saying by Fars news agency.
Salehi said the Iranian authorities "hope that electricity produced at the Bushehr plant will be connected to the national grid in a month or two." According to Iran, it needs the plant to meet increasing demand for electricity.
- Iran starts trial operation at its first nuclear power plant
- Trial operation to start at Iran’s first nuclear power plant
- Iran: Process of loading fuel into nuclear plant being delayed
- Russia looking to build Egyptian nuclear power plant
- Despite US pressure: Russia reiterates commitment to build Iran's nuclear power plant