22 demonstrators shot dead on Syrian -Israeli border
At least 22 Palestinian demonstrators were killed and 350 others were injured by Israeli troops in the occupied Golan Heights on Sunday. The demonstrators were attempting to approach the border fence and were shot.
The Syrian television quoted government sources as saying that 3 of the demonstrators were in a critical condition.
An Israeli military spokesman in Tel Aviv said soldiers fired warning shots when protesters were approaching the border.
The Israeli police barred dozens of Arab citizens to reach the border with Syria, amid estimates that they intend to participate in the demonstrations on the anniversary of the 44the Middle East War.
- At least four Palestinian refugees shot dead on Israel-Syria border
- Border fire leaves teen dead in Golan Heights
- Lebanese Civilian Shot Dead by Israeli Army at Border
- Israeli Army Says Lebanese Demonstrators Driven Back by Warning Shots
- After deadly day: Syria blocks Palestinian protesters near Israeli border