Full indictment of Hariri murder published
The UN-backed tribunal investigating the 2005 murder of Lebanon's ex-prime minister Rafiq Hariri said Wednesday it has published the full indictment. "The pre-trial judge has ordered that his decision confirming the indictment related to the 14 February 2005 attack, as well as the indictment itself, be made public," the Special Tribunal for Lebanon said, in order to "proceed to trial."
Tribunal prosecutor Daniel Bellemare welcomed the tribunal's order to unseal the indictment, saying preparations will push ahead for the trial of four Hezbollah members accused in the case.
There is no clear smoking gun in the case, according to the indictment. The tribunal conveyed it had asked Lebanese authorities June 30 to arrest suspects Salim Jamil Ayyash, Mustafa Amine Badreddine, Hussein Hassan Oneissi and Assad Hassan Sabra. As of August 9, there had been no progress, the court said Wednesday.