Gaza: 3 Palestinians, including 91 year old man, killed by Israeli fire
Israeli forces on Sunday killed three Palestinians, including a 91-year-old man and his teenage grandson, in the Gaza town of Beit Hanoun, a Palestinian medical official said. "Ibrahim Abdullah Abu Saeed, a caretaker at a a farm, aged 91, and Ismael Walid Abu Audeh, 20, were killed on Sunday by fire from an Israeli tank," Adham Abu Salima, a spokesman for local medical services, told AFP.
Shortly after, the caretaker's 17-year-old grandson, Hossam Khaled Abu Saeed, also died of injuries sustained in the incident, close to the Gaza-Israel border, medics said.
A spokeswoman for the Israeli army confirmed the shooting. Soldiers "opened fire at a group of terrorists preparing to fire an RPG (rocket-propelled grenade)" at Israel, she told AFP.
- Israeli fire kills five Palestinians in Gaza Strip, including baby
- Gaza officials: Israeli fires kills Palestinian man
- Israel launches retaliatory airstrike on Gaza Strip, three-year-old girl killed
- Three Palestinians, including disabled man, shot dead by Israeli fire
- Palestinian death toll on the rise as Israel continues to bomb Gaza