Gaza: 42 wounded in Hamas leader home blast
A senior activist in Hamas military wing al-Qassam Brigades survived an explosion at his home in Deir al-Balah in central Gaza on Monday. A Palestinian news agency said the target of the blast was Ala Danaf.
Medical sources in the Strip said that 42 people were wounded from the huge blast. They suffered moderate to slight injuries, according to media sources.
An Israeli army spokesman denied that the blast had been caused by Israeli bombing and stated it was due to an "internal explosion" at Danaf's house.
Over the weekend, Israel killed a senior Hamas commander in central Gaza Strip following a missile attack on the Israeli city of Ashkelon.
- Blast kills Hamas military commander in Central Gaza Strip
- One dead, 16 wounded in Gaza Strip blast
- Three Palestinians, including Hamas activist, injured in Gaza Strip blast
- Gaza Strip: Three Hamas members wounded by blast
- Blast at Hamas activist home in Gaza Strip kills three; Palestinian shot dead in West Bank