Gaza border: Palestinian killed by Israeli fire
Israeli forces killed a Palestinian fighter on the border with the Gaza Strip after an exchange of fire on Monday in which an Israeli soldier was also lightly injured, the army said. Later on Monday, two Palestinian rockets fired from Gaza struck the south of Israel, causing no casualties or damage, the AP reported.
A statement issued by the Israeli military said a patrol spotted Palestinian gunmen planting an explosive device near the security fence in the southern Gaza Strip. "The force opened fire at the suspects, one militant was killed," a military spokesman said.
The Palestinians said they had fired a rocket-propelled grenade at the Israeli force during the exchange of fire.
- Two Palestinians Killed, Thirteen Injured by Israeli fire at Lebanon border
- Palestinian killed by Israeli soliders at Gaza border
- Gaza Strip: Two Palestinians shot dead by Israeli fire
- Hizbullah gunmen open fire on Israeli soldiers patrolling border; no casualties
- Israeli soldier killed by friendly fire near Gaza border