Gaza: Hamas forces kill two suspects in the killing of Italian activist
Two suspects in the killing of an Italian activist died during a raid by Hamas forces at a home in central Gaza on Tuesday, the Hamas interior ministry said. According to AFP, it said one suspect shot himself after throwing an explosive device that killed a second suspect. A third was taken into custody with light injuries.
The raid targeted Bilal al-Omary, Mohammed al-Salfiti and Jordanian Abdul-Rahman al-Birizit, who were reportedly holed up in a house in the Nuseirat area in central Gaza. "The operation ended with Birizit throwing an explosive device at his comrades... and then firing on himself," the Hamas interior ministry said in a statement.
According to medical sources, al-Omary was seriously injured in the explosion and died of his wounds shortly after the raid ended.
- Italian citizen kidnapped and executed in Gaza
- Report: Hamas Activist Killed while Preparing Explosive
- At Least 40 Palestinians Killed Friday and Early Saturday; Hamas Vows to Revenge Killing of Top Activist
- Two Palestinians Killed in Gaza Explosion; One Dies of Wounds in Ramallah
- Two Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip, Israel demolishes house of Hamas activist