Gaza Strip: One Israeli soldier killed
At least five Israeli troops were injured Friday afternoon after two armed men breached the buffer zone between the Gaza Strip an Israel and opened fire. Some of the soldiers were seriously wounded in the incident east of Khan Younis.Later one of the soldiers was declared dead. Israel said the incident was a result "
After the incident, additional Israeli troops appeared at the scene and opened fire. The buffer zone is made up of 300 metres of Palestinian land - within the Gaza border.
The Israeli army said the Palestinians arrived at the border to plant explosive devices.
- One Israeli Soldier killed in bomb blast in Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: Israel kills five Palestinians in two incidents
- Gaza Strip: One Israeli soldier killed, three wounded in Palestinian attacks
- Palestinian attack in northern Gaza Strip: Two Israeli soldiers shot dead, at least one Palestinian killed
- Gaza Strip: One Hamas man killed, one wounded by Israeli fire