Gaza Strip: Local Hamas military commander dies in Israeli raid
A senior commander in the Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas was killed and 10 others were wounded in a series of raids carried out by the Israeli aircraft in the Gaza Strip. Qassam Brigades confirmed the death of local commander Issa Abdul-Hadi Batran "Abu Bilal" (40 years) from Bureij camp, in central Gaza Strip, early Saturday morning.
The Brigades said: "The Martyr joined his wife and five children who died in a Zionist shelling targeted his house during the Israeli war on Gaza," stressing that his death came to conclude an honorable way for his jihadist work. The statement added: "These foolish acts will not go unnoticed." And it continued: "We ask Allaah to accept our martyr, rest in eternal peace, and inspire his family."
Sources in Qassam said Batran survived at least five assassination.
- Gaza Strip: At least 19 die in military parade; Hamas blames Israel
- Gaza Strip: Israel assassinates top Hamas military commander, two other Palestinians killed
- Gaza Strip: Hamas wins local election as Palestinian policemen continue deployment
- Blast kills Hamas military commander in Central Gaza Strip
- Hamas military commander rumored to be alive in Gaza strip