Gaza: Two teenagers die in blast
Two Palestinian teenagers died in an explosion in Gaza City on Friday thought to have been caused by an unexploded Israeli tank shell, medical and security sources said. The two were killed when the device went off in the city's Shujaiyeh neighbourhood, security sources said.
They said the shell was left over from Israel's 22-day war on Gaza that broke out in December 2008.
The teenagers, both aged 16, were identified as Mumen Hilles and Muntasser al-Batniji, AFP reported
Earlier, another three Palestinians, one of them a teenager, were injured by Israeli gunfire in two incidents near the Gaza-Israel border, medical and security sources said.
- Cairo blast: French teenager dies, Muslim Brotherhood condemn attack
- Two Palestinian teenagers die in Nablus as siege lifted from Rafah neighborhood
- Palestinians Teenager Shot Dead by Israelis after Funeral of Five Children Killed by Booby Trap
- Gaza Strip: Two children die in blast
- Palestinian boy killed in Israeli airstrike near Gaza-Israel border