Hamas slams PA for preventing meeting opposing talks with Israel
Hamas on Thursday condemned the Palestinian Authority over its refusal to allow a meeting of factions which oppose direct negotiations with Israel. The meeting was planned for Wednesday in the West Bank city of Ramallah.
Hamas political bureau member Ezzat Rishq deplored the Palestinian Authority for preventing a meeting by representatives of national forces and independent figures, who wanted to express their objection to to resume direct negotiations with the Israeli occupation. Rishq said the Palestinian people will not stand idly by the attempts to prevent from them their national rights, pointing out to the growing activities inside and outside Palestine to reject negotiations with the occupation.
- Arafat Blames Israel For DFLP Members Killing; Hamas Slams Arafat Peace Article; High Level U.S.-PA Contacts Resume
- Palestinian factions oppose resumption of direct talks with Israel
- Obama opposes talks with Hamas
- Hamas member killed in Gaza, Israeli policeman stabbed in Jerusalem; PA slams “American bias toward Israel”
- Israel, PA to hold high level security talks, two senior PFLP leaders arrested