Hamas warns Palestinian Authority over arrests
Hamas and other Palestinian groups on Wednesday warned the leaders of Fatah movement over the arrest of fighters in the West Bank. "What is happening in the West Bank is a vicious attack on the sons of the resistance... it has taken a dangerous turn that requires a severe response," they said in a joint statement. "This response will target the leaders of the Fatah movement in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip."
According to AFP, Hamas spokesman Abu Obeida spoke about a second round of reconciliation talks with Fatah planned for October 20 in Damascus. "If Palestinian reconciliation is not able to prevent Fatah from taking these aggressive actions against the resistance, then no one will blame us if we target its leaders wherever they are," he said at the press conference.
Earlier this week a military court run by the Palestinian Authority in the occupied West Bank sentenced a Hamas fighter to 20 years in prison for taking part in a 2009 shootout with Palestinian security forces.
- Hamas warns of third intifada
- Hamas Warns Palestinian Authority against Cooperation with CIA
- Hamas alleges mass arrests, torture of its members by Palestinan Authority
- While prisoners Await Entry to West Bank, Gaza; Shalit Speaks Fluent Arabic
- Palestinian Authority arrests dozens of Hamas members in West Bank