Historic day for Arabs: Qatar to host 2022 World Cup
Fifa's executive committee voted in a secret ballot on December 2 to award the 2022 World Cup to Qatar. This will be the first time that an Arab country will host such a major global sports event.
Qatar has defeated competition from the US, Australia, Japan, South Korea. The Qatari authorities believe that 2022 World Cup will boost its international image and contribute to its economic prosperity.
- The effects of Qatar 2022: Qatar stock exchange expected gains of more than 30%
- Russia, Qatar win bids to host Fifa World Cup 2018, 2022
- Qatar host FIFA referees seminar
- Qatar to host World Cup 2022 despite 'racist' campaign - OCA Chief
- Arab League denounce questioning of Qatar's eligibility to host 2022 World Cup