Iran: 14 killed and wounded in shooting attack
Iran claimed on Thursday its police forces came under attack. According to the reports, armed men opened fire on a police patrol in Iran's Kurdish region, killing four officers and a bystander. The was reported in Sanandaj, the capital of Iran's Kurdistan province some 500 kilometers west of Tehran.
"In this terrorist incident five were killed including four policemen and a pedestrian," Ebrahim Kazeminejad, the provincial deputy police chief was quoted as saying by Mehr news agency.
The two gunmen were members of "counterrevolutionary groups," he added. Five other policemen and four civilians were hurt in the attack, one of them in serious condition.
- Iranian diplomat killed in drive-by shooting in Yemen
- Two police officers wounded in Venezuelan shooting
- US copter strike kills seven people north of Baghdad; Bomb, shooting attack kill three Americans
- Car bombs and shootings rock Iraq, killing at least 10
- Four Israelis killed in West Bank shooting attacks