Iran injecting fuel into core of Bushehr nuclear power plant
After long delays, Iran has started injecting fuel into the core of the Bushehr nuclear power plant in the southern port city of Bushehr which is the country's first nuclear reactor. According to Press TV, the fuel was transferred to the Bushehr nuclear plant on Tuesday morning.
The plant will become operational once all 163 fuel rods are injected to its core. According to Iranian officials, the reactor will begin generating electricity in early 2011.
The reactor was launched in August.
- GCC meet amid radiation fears after Bushehr earthquake
- Iran FM: Bushehr nuclear power plant to become operational in 2008
- A first for Iran: the nuclear plant in Bushehr
- Iran, Russia sign agreement to return spent fuel of Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant
- Iran\'s Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant to be Completed by Early 2003