Iran: Israel will be destroyed within 15 years
Iran, which has been speaking about the near demise of Israel, has set a time limit for the existance ofthe Jewish state. The commander of the Basij militia, Mohammad Reza Naqdi, said "the Zionist entity would be wiped out within 15 years, in the worst-case scenario."
He added "the former Soviet Union was a superpower which collapsed. The Berlin Wall also fell and the racist regime in South Africa ended. The end of the Zionist entity will be with them".
For his part, the Chief of Staff of the Iranian armed forces, General Hassan Firouzabadi said on Friday that Tehran would respond by hitting Israeli nuclear facilities if Iran's nuclear sites came under an Israeli attack. He said: "Our advanced weapons can hit any area of the Zionist regime ... We hope we do not have to attack the Dimona nuclear plant."
- General: Iran to ”eliminate Israel from the global arena” if it was attacked
- Iran threatens to strike Israel's atomic sites if attacked
- Iran: Israel in no position to threaten Tehran
- Senior Iranian official confirms ”certain death” of Israel
- Israeli PM gets formal invite to Russia to talk Syria and Iran