Iran: At least nine killed in bomb attack
At least nine people were killed and 20 injured in a terrorist attack in northwestern Iranian city of Mahabad in West Azarbaijan Province. "So far, nine people have been killed and 20 others wounded in a terrorist attack in Mahabad city," Governor General of West Azarbaijan Vahid Jalalzadeh told IRNA on Wednesday.
"Women and children are the most who were killed and wounded in the attack," he conveyed. According to Jalalzadeh, the attack took place as people were watching a military parade.
"Anti-Revolution agents have always carried out such brutal acts to take revenge on the people of Mahabad who are always in the scene," he added.
On his part, managing director of West Azarbaijan governor general's office Ali Nikbakht told IRNA that 11 people, including 10 women and one child, were killed and 50 others wounded in Mahabad bomb attack.