Iran says ex-General found dead in Israeli prison
Iran on Wednesday demanded from international organizations to determine the fate of the former defense minister deputy Ali Reza Asgari, after reports about his death in an Israeli prison. Mohammad Ra'ouf Sheibani Iran's deputy foreign minister for Middle Eastern affairs announced on Tuesday that Asgari died in an Israeli prison.
He expressed deep regret over his death and urged the international community to take immediate action against the "Zionist regime for committing such a crime." Iran claims Israel had kidnapped Asgari with the help of the USA.
The Jewish American journalist Richard Silverstein has recently revealed that the retired general was found dead inside the Ayalon Prison in Israel. Asgari disappeared in Turkey on December 9, 2006.
- US official: Former Iranian deputy defense minister providing information on Hizbullah
- Iran to give fierce response to Israeli military action
- Iran: Israel in no position to threaten Tehran
- Iran describes Israel as ”terrorist state” following call to assassinate Ahmadinejad
- Growing pressure in Israeli cabinet to approve attack on Iran