Iran: Third largest importer in the Middle East
The American Information Center ranked Iran as the third largest importer in the Middle East, with import that had amounted to US$ 57 Billion during last year. Iran is ranked 41 in the entire world.
The report suggests that among 200 countries worldwide, the U.S. with imports of US$1563 billion last year was the world's largest importer. Germany with imports of US$966 billion came second and China third with US954 billion imports. According to the report, France is ranked fourth with imports of US$538 billion and Japan is fifth with US$ 499 billion of imports.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- 3i Infotech enters GITEX as the third largest regional ERP solution provider in the MENA market
- Dubai is the largest Middle Eastern hub for trade in tyres
- motexha 2007 gets off to a royal start - Sheikh Hasher meets royal designers from East and West at Middle East’s largest B2B marketplace for textile
- UAE economy to become third largest in region