Iran: Third largest importer in the Middle East
The American Information Center ranked Iran as the third largest importer in the Middle East, with import that had amounted to US$ 57 Billion during last year. Iran is ranked 41 in the entire world.
The report suggests that among 200 countries worldwide, the U.S. with imports of US$1563 billion last year was the world's largest importer. Germany with imports of US$966 billion came second and China third with US954 billion imports. According to the report, France is ranked fourth with imports of US$538 billion and Japan is fifth with US$ 499 billion of imports.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue
- 3i Infotech enters GITEX as the third largest regional ERP solution provider in the MENA market
- Dubai is the largest Middle Eastern hub for trade in tyres
- motexha 2007 gets off to a royal start - Sheikh Hasher meets royal designers from East and West at Middle East’s largest B2B marketplace for textile
- UAE economy to become third largest in region