Iranian budget bill amounts to US$177 billion
Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Sunday presented to Majlis speaker Ali Larijani year 1389 budget bill. The Iranian leader delivered a one-hour lecture explaining the budget goals and articles.
Ahmadinejad government proposed general budget amounts to US$ 176.993 billion. He said that the subsidies in the next Persian year (starting next month) will stay at the same level as in the current year. "We will move to the next step (of the subsidies reform program) if conditions are conducive," he was quoted as saying.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?