Iraqi soldier kills two American troops
An Iraqi soldier opened fire and killed two American troops on Tuesday, the AP said. They were the first US soldiers killed since the President Obama declared an official end to combat operations in Iraq last week. The dead were among a group of American soldiers meeting with Iraqi security forces at an Iraqi army base not far from the northern city of Tuz Khormato. The Iraqi soldier nt was shot and killed.
The Americans attacked Tuesday were escorting for an American commander who was meeting with Iraqi forces at the base. Nine American troops were hurt, a military statement said. The city's police chief said the Iraqi soldier opened fire after an argument.
- Five US troops killed in Iraq as more polling stations attacked
- Iraqi soldier kills two US troops as at least 23 die in Baghdad attacks
- One American soldier shot dead as occupation forces kill two Iraqis
- Three Iraqi Guardsmen, US soldier killed
- American soldier, five Iraqis killed as two beheaded bodies found