Iraqi soldier kills two American troops
An Iraqi soldier opened fire and killed two American troops on Tuesday, the AP said. They were the first US soldiers killed since the President Obama declared an official end to combat operations in Iraq last week. The dead were among a group of American soldiers meeting with Iraqi security forces at an Iraqi army base not far from the northern city of Tuz Khormato. The Iraqi soldier nt was shot and killed.
The Americans attacked Tuesday were escorting for an American commander who was meeting with Iraqi forces at the base. Nine American troops were hurt, a military statement said. The city's police chief said the Iraqi soldier opened fire after an argument.
- Two US troops killed as American soldiers shoot dead four Iraqis including two pro-Saddam demonstrators
- Resistance attacks intensify: Two US soldiers, two Iraqis killed near Baghdad; Two troops missing
- Two US soldiers, three Iraqis killed as American Army says suicide rate among troops in Iraq, Kuwait higher than average
- Iraq: Nine American troops killed
- American soldier killed in Iraq