Israeli FM: Peace with Palestinians not near
Israel's foreign minister on Monday was quoted by the army radio as saying he believes that peace with the Palestinians is unattainable in a year or "during the next generation". "I do not believe that a comprehensive agreement with the Palestinians is possible within a year, nor even during the next generation," Avigdor Lieberman was quoted as telling members of his Yisrael Beitenu party at a function in advance of Wednesday's Jewish new year.
"Since the Oslo accords 17 years ago, important politicians have made multiple pledges and statements that nothing ever came of.
"We have not examined in depth the reasons why we have paid such a high price for each accord with the Palestinians which has had no results."
- Lieberman: No agreement with Palestinians within one year
- Israeli FM: Israel, Palestinians Closer to Peace than Ever
- Norwegian FM Urges Palestinians, Israeli to Resume Peace Talks
- Syrian FM: Middle East Peace Depends on Israeli Withdrawal from Arab Lands
- Turkish FM Urges, Israelis, Palestinians to Make \'Special\' Efforts to Open Door for Peace