At least three Lebanese troops killed by Israeli fire
The Lebanese army on Tuesday clashed with the Israeli army and at least three Lebanese troops were killed. There were also reports that a Lebanese reporter from al-Akhbar newspaper was killed during the firefight. At least one Lebanese civilians was wounded. According to media reports, the clashes erupted after the Israeli army tried to install a camera and cut some trees inside Lebanese territories, near the border town of Adeisseh.
During the fire exchanges, an Israeli tank fired an artillery shell on a Lebanese army position on the outskirts of Adeisseh. Israeli fire also hit a house in Adeisseh. Israel said that two rockets which were fired from Lebanon landed in northern Israel.
Following the incident, Lebanon's President Michel Suleiman slammed the Israeli actions in the south. According to him, this was an Israeli violation of Security Council resolution 1701 which ended the summer 2006 war.
- Nasrallah vows to help "heroic" Lebanese army
- Lebanon: Three Hizbullah fighters, three Israeli troops die in clashes
- Three Lebanese Wounded by Israeli Fire at Border
- Gaza Strip: At least three Palestinians killed by Israeli fire
- Gaza Strip: Israeli fire kills woman, wounds at least three other civilians