Jordan: Growing demand for air conditioning and fans due to heat wave
Sources reported that the majority of air conditioning and fans vanished from the Jordanian market, as a result of the recent heat wave, which raised sales and prices. The value of Jordan's imports during the first six months of this year amounted to JD8.4 million (US$11.8 million), according to preliminary figures issued by the Department of Statistics. Exports of air conditioners declined from JD9.1 million to JD1.9 million due to the growing demand in the local market. The value of imports by the country last year reached JD20.1 million dinars and exports JD14.2 million.
The import value of fans increased from JD2.9 million to JD3.2 million.
The director of an outlet owned by the "South Company for Electronics" said, that all air conditioning wer sold out within a few weeks, as demand has exceeded expectations, adding that prices ranging from JD319 and JD590.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow
- Middle East heat wave boosts air conditioner sales in Jordan
- LG Electronics Reports Doubling in Commercial Air Conditioning Operations
- Al Asalah LG Electronics Launches New Multi VTM Air Conditioning Systems
- “Fawaz” expects 10% growth in Refrigeration and Air-conditioning sales in 2010
- Daikin Expands Distributors Network in Jordan