Khamenei: Israel, Palestine talks will not lead to peace
Iran's Supreme Leader on Friday said US-sponsored talks between Israel and the Palestinian Authority is a cover-up for Israeli crimes against the Palestinian nation. "The United States and the West just sit back and watch the suppression of the Palestinian nation, and yet they arrange talks for peace, what peace? Between which people?" Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said.
He also praised the Palestinian people's resistance, saying that "pressure cannot crush these people's resistance."
The Iranian leader stated that Palestinians have become stronger than 20-30 years ago and through their efforts they can stop aggressors and make them leave the region. "Tyrants wish to push the Palestinian issue to a corner however a strong turnout at the annual International Quds Day rallies indicates motivation and hope among Muslims worldwide," Ayatollah Khamenei added.
He added the Palestinians' resistance will eventually pay off and they will dismantle "the phony and fabricated Israeli regime" in the near future.
- Erekat on Israel settlement announcement: "Message to Kerry to stop push for peace"
- Palestinian negotiators willing to extend peace talks, agree to preliminary deal goal
- Iran's Supreme Leader Says US Accomplice in Israeli ‘Crimes’
- Iranian leader: U.S. tries to save Israel
- Khamenei says Iran people love peace