At least four Palestinian refugees shot dead on Israel-Syria border
At least four people were killed and dozens of were wounded in a shooting incident on the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights on Sunday. This came after Palestinian refugees from Syria approached a frontier fence and crossed the border, Israel Radio said.
Initial reports said Palestinian demonstrators who tried to break through the barrier were shot by Israeli forces. The incident occurred near the occupied Syrian village of Majdal Shams. This comes during the day when Palestinians mark the "Nakba" (catastrophe of Israel's founding in 1948.).
The Palestinian threw stones towards the Israeli forces. At least three Israeli soldiers were wounded.
- After deadly day: Syria blocks Palestinian protesters near Israeli border
- 22 demonstrators shot dead on Syrian -Israeli border
- Second reported Israeli strike hits Palestinian militia
- Four Palestinians dead as Jordan police kill three on Israel border
- Syrian Crosses Border with Israel ‘to Assist Palestinians’