Fire exchanges on Israel - Lebanon border
The Israeli army opened fire on a Lebanese military base in the area of Mountazahat in Wazzani on Monday morning, reports said on Monday.
According to these reports, at around 7:00 am, an Israeli patrol opened machine gunfire from the other side of the border on the Lebanese army which retaliated. The exchange of fire continued for several minutes.
The incident led to a state of alert among Lebanese army and UNIFIL troops in the area.
However, the Israeli military accused a Lebanese soldier of opening fire on Israeli troops carrying out work on a border fence. Lebanon said Israeli troops infiltrated the Lebanese territories. Lebanon dened earlier reports about the killing of one soldier.
- Reports: Israeli forces attacked on border with Lebanon; One soldier killed
- Lebanon soldiers open fire on Israeli forces which entered Lebanese territory
- Lebanon: Israeli soldier killed near border
- Hizbullah gunmen open fire on Israeli soldiers patrolling border; no casualties
- Israeli Soldier Wounded by Lebanese Stone Throwers at Border