Lebanon continues to arrest Israeli spy suspects
A Lebanese army officer has been arrested on alleged charges of spying for Israel, Al-Akhbar daily reported Tuesday. According to "well-informed sources," the report said army intelligence agents detained the colonel over the weekend.
On Monday it was announced that Lebanese authorities have detained a senior employee of a Lebanese telecommunications agency on suspicion of spying for Israel. The detention at the state's largest telecommunications company, Ogero, is the fourth of its kind this year. Lebanese investigators reportedly intercepted messages between the suspect and his Israeli contacts.
The suspect used to work in the technical department of the international wing of the telecommunications company. According to some media reports, Lebanon will announce soon the arrest of more Ogero telecommunications company employees on suspicion of spying for Israel.
- Lebanon: Colonel arrested on suspicion of spying for Israel
- Lebanon: Another colonel arrested on suspicion of spying for Israel
- Report: German engineer detained in Lebanon on charges of spying for Israel
- Lebanon: Suspected Israeli spy detained
- Israel arrests Bedouin officer on suspicion of spying for Hizbullah; Hizbullah refuses to comment