Lebanon president hails army's "heroism" during inspection visit to south
Lebanon's President Michel Suleiman was in the south on Saturday in a morale boosting visit following Tuesday's clashes between Lebanese and Israeli troops. Suleiman inspected the army base that was bombed by Israeli forces in the town of Adeisseh and met with soldiers there.
The president was accompanied by Defense Minister Elias Murr. Suleiman lauded the army's "heroism and sacrifices" before heading to Mashrou' al-Taybeh and Tallet al-Oaeda to inspect the troops there.
On Friday, Head of the Army Administration Department Maj. Gen. Abdel Rahman Shehaitli informed Suleiman about the tripartite talks held in Naqoura two days earlier.
- Lebanon national dialogue session focuses on need to equip army
- Lebanese Army commander calls soldiers to counter Israeli ”aggressions and violations”
- Clashes in south as Lebanon plans to deploy army
- Syria president, Lebanon army commander hold talks in Damascus
- Lebanon's army chief hails victory following Israeli report