Mass demonstrations held in Yemen
Tens of thousands of opposition supporters gathered on Thursday morning in Sana'a to call for democratic reforms. Hundreds of meters from them there was a similar demonstration of the regime's supporters.
The demonstrations were held in a calm atmosphere, as each camp has mobilized supporters to a different location. There were fears that these protests will turn violent.
In Dali province, witnesses reported that the government security forces deployed Wednesday evening in the vicinity of the government headquarters of the province, after the call to hold a rally in front of the building.
The southern cities are witnessing today rallies called by the separatist movement there
The rallies were called despite the recent speech by President Ali Saleh who vowed not to seek another term in 2013 presidential elections, in an attempt to quell the growing discontent in the country. Saleh also vowed in his speech to the members of the Parliament and the Shura Council on Wednesday that he will not hand his powers to his son Ahmad.
- Yemen’s Houthis stage mass anti-government protest
- Report: Hizbullah mass protest to be held on Thursday
- Yemeni southern separatists hold mass protests calling for independence
- Mass demonstration supporting Gaza Strip evacuation held in Tel Aviv
- Thousands of Houthis stage anti-government protest in Yemen