Morocco: Performance of key sectors improves
Official data indicates that the construction and public works sector in Morocco witnessed a relative improvement during the fourth quarter of 2010, compared with the previous quarter.
According to a survey held at the first quarter of this year among managers in the construction, building and public works sector as well as the mines and energy sector, 38% of them reported higher production. 47% of them reported a stable production level, while 15% of them reported a decline.
The survey indicated also increased production in the manufacturing sector. According to the survey, 49% reported an increased production, 20% reported a stable production while 31% reported lower production levels.
With regard to employment, the results showed that the number of workers in the sectors of manufacturing, construction, public works and minerals was stable during the fourth quarter of 2010. However, the number of employees decreased in the energy sector.
- Self-Assessment Evaluation is Key Tool in Improving and Developing UAE’s Public Sector, Says Postgraduate Study
- GCC Investment Strategy and Sectors Outlook for 2006
- Morocco – mining sector crisis
- IMF: Morocco’s economy improved in 2002 despite unfavorable international environment
- UAE property sector to endure growth via key policies & legislation & rising market confidence - TASWEEK