Mubadala sells 5% in Ferrari to Fiat
Fiat has bought back 5 per cent stake in Ferrari that Abu Dhabi government's investment arm Mubadala purchased five years ago. Following the deal, Fiat controls 90 per cent of Ferrari. According to the UAE newspaper, The National, the buy-back has cost Fiat US$167 million.
"I can confirm that Fiat has exercised the call option for the purchase of the Ferrari stake held by Mubadala," said a Fiat spokesman. "We have no further comment to make."
It is now predicted that Fiat is planning to offer Ferrari shares to the public, possibly leaving itself as little as 51 per cent.
- Tunisian, Moroccan Chambers of Commerce meet to discuss economic partnership
- Winter wonderland: Dubai debuts Aspen Chalets with view of Ski Dubai
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects