Egyptian court acquits 169 Morsi supporters
The acquitted were accused of rioting, assembling and disturbing traffic during the aftermath of the violent dispersal of the pro-Morsi Rabaa Al-Adaweya sit-in in August of last year which left hundreds dead.
Security forces have cracked down on the Muslim Brotherhood and Morsi loyalists following the Islamist president’s ouster last July, with thousands detained, including the Brotherhood’s top leadership, on a variety of charges.
- Egypt sentences 10 Morsi supporters to death
- More than 3,500 Brotherhood members arrested since pro-Morsi crackdown - official
- Egypt court gives 102 Morsi supporters 10 year jail term
- Egypt sends 919 Muslim Brotherhood supporters to court
- Egyptian court acquits 4 police officers involved in protesters' deaths