Nasrallah: Give Mikati a chance
The Secretary General of Hizbullah Hassan Nasrallah on Tuesday stated that his group would not lead the next government, stressing that the Lebanese have a real chance to reunify. Nasrallah said in a speech on the anniversary of Imam Hussein death: "(PM-designate Najib) Mikati is an objective figure and not part of any bloc," adding, "people who say that Mikati is the candidate of Hizbullah deals with sectarian incitement."
The Shiite leader added: "the opposition found in the nomination of Mikati an opportunity for Lebanon to address the issues because the opposition is not interested to enter a bone-breaking battle with another bloc." According to him, the nomination of Mikati represents an opportunity for the country. "
He stressed that "Hezbollah does not control this government, and Hizbullah will not lead the next government. All this misinformation and incitement come to Lebanon from abroad", he said.
Nasrallah added, "We have a clear vision of supporting the nomination of Mikati, and invite him to form a national salvation government." He continued, saying, "I call to seize the opportunity and for those who do not wish to participate I tell to give Mikati an opportunity, and try him for one year."
- Nasrallah: Riyadh trying to "derail" Syria peace talks
- Lebanon's PM to put public sector pay rises to parliament next week
- The Lebanese electricity plan.. will it be put into action?
- Lebanon PM objects rearming Hizbullah
- Report: Hizbullah to give German broker ''three weeks'' before declaring collapse of negotiations