Nearly 100 dead in Iraq Sunday and late Saturday blasts
At least 32 people died and 63 others were hurt in two bomb blasts in central Iraq. The explosions occurred in al-Anbar province on Sunday. The first car blast left 30 people dead and 50 others wounded in the city of al-Ramadi.
The second blast targeted an army patrol in the town of al-Saqlawiyah, killing two people and injuring 13 others.
The attacks followed late Saturday's triple bombing, which claimed the lives of at least 60 people and wounded 70 others in the center of the southern port city of Basra.
- At least 100 dead in Iraq blasts
- Iraq: At least 40 dead in car blast as Zarqawi group threatens to behead three Turkish workers
- Bloody day in Iraq: Over 100 killed in two explosions south of Baghdad as US soldier shot dead
- Iraq: Over 100 dead in Karbala, Ramadi blasts
- Three Baghdad suicide attacks kill 16 in fresh violence as Musayyib attack death toll rises to nearly 100