Palestinian fighter killed, another wounded in Israeli air strike
Medics said the a Palestinian gunman was killed and another wounded when an Israeli aircraft targeted them while they were riding a motorcycle in the southern Gaza Strip on Wednesday. The military wing of the Islamic Jihad said one of its activists died in the Israeli attack.
Al-Quds identified the victim as Mohammad Abu Muammar. Six members of the Al-Quds Brigades were killed during the last ten days by raids.
The Israeli army confirmed the air force launched a pre-dawn raid, saying it targeted Palestinians who had fired short-range missiles across the border on Tuesday. No one was hurt in that attack.
Witnesses said Israeli warplanes bombed earlier in the day smuggling tunnels used by Palestinians on the Gaza border with Egypt.
- Israel kills 10 Islamic Jihad members in Gaza Strip and West Bank
- Gaza Strip and West Bank: Eight Palestinians killed by Israeli fire
- Israeli soldier killed, another injured in Gaza Strip border attack
- Islamic Jihad fighter killed in Gaza Strip
- In the past 24 hours: 6 Palestinians killed in Israeli raids