Palestinian fighter killed, another wounded in Israeli air strike
Medics said the a Palestinian gunman was killed and another wounded when an Israeli aircraft targeted them while they were riding a motorcycle in the southern Gaza Strip on Wednesday. The military wing of the Islamic Jihad said one of its activists died in the Israeli attack.
Al-Quds identified the victim as Mohammad Abu Muammar. Six members of the Al-Quds Brigades were killed during the last ten days by raids.
The Israeli army confirmed the air force launched a pre-dawn raid, saying it targeted Palestinians who had fired short-range missiles across the border on Tuesday. No one was hurt in that attack.
Witnesses said Israeli warplanes bombed earlier in the day smuggling tunnels used by Palestinians on the Gaza border with Egypt.
- Israeli air strikes in Gaza kill nine Palestinian fighters
- Israeli forces kill Palestinian, another dies of wounds
- Palestinian killed in another Israeli air strike on Gaza Strip
- Gaza Strip: Over 155 dead and 200 wounded in Israeli air strikes
- Israeli forces launch another raid on al-Quds University in East Jerusalem