Palestinian killed in Gaza as talks held in Jerusalem
Security sources in the Gaza Strip on Wednesday said an Israeli airstrike has killed one Palestinian and wounded four more. This came as Oalestinian and Israeli leaders hold peace talks in Jerusalem. Israel said the strike appeared to be retaliation for a spike in Palestinian mortar fire into Israel on Wednesday,
Earlier, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Israeli and Palestinian leaders are "getting down to business" on core issues. "They are getting down to business and they have begun to grapple with the core issues that can only be resolved through face-to-face negotiations," Clinton told reporters. "I believe they are serious about reaching an agreement that results in two states living side by side in peace and security."
- The Return Brigades Claims Responsibility For Killing Israeli Near Jerusalem; One Palestinian Shot Dead Near Nablus
- Palestinian governor of Jerusalem held by Israel
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire; Palestinian police kill collaborator in Gaza; PA, Israel to resume contacts
- Hamas: Maher’s visit to Jerusalem not about truce talks
- Israeli air strike kills two Palestinians in Gaza Wednesday