Palestine: Gaza, West Bank authorities to resign when unity government is formed
An adviser for the Gaza prime minister said the governments in the coastal enclave as well as the West Bank will offer their resignations once a unity government is agreed upon.
Issam al-Daalis told Ma’an that “the Gaza and West Bank governments will offer their resignations to the president at the moment of agreeing on the unity government.”
“The legal period for announcing the government is nearing the end. There are five weeks of which three have passed and two remain. And the president can present his government,” he said.
Al-Daalis added that he hoped the unity government would be announced from Cairo, as it sponsored the reconciliation.
- Official: Rival Palestinian factions to form unity government "within five weeks"
- Palestinian Prime Minister: Unity government in less than three weeks
- Unity government moves forward with Palestinian minister's resignation
- Hamas rages as new Palestine PM to form unity government
- Palestinian unity government resigns