Palestinian worker shot dead in Jerusalem
Israeli policeman shot dead a Palestinian laborer in east Jerusalem. According to the AP, Israeli police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld stated the victim was among a group of "illegal" workers who had sneaked over Israel's West Bank separation barrier to enter Jerusalem on Sunday.
According to him, the workers ignored police orders to stop and fled, but an officer caught up with the 37-year-old Palestinian. Rosenfeld conveyed the man was shot after trying to grab the officer's gun. The victim was a resident of a town near the West Bank city of Hebron.
- Top Hamas activist killed; Jerusalem bombing: two of the dead – Chinese workers, Israel arrests bomber relatives
- Palestinian worker shot dead in Israel
- Palestinian boy shot dead, Islamic Jihad claims Wednesday bombing attack; Israel razes houses near Jerusalem, Ramallah
- Jerusalem car attack injures 14, driver shot dead
- Illegal Worker Dies Trying to Escape Israeli Police